Sunday, August 19, 2007

One week in Heaven

I'm gonna be a teacher! Well, that's as long as I study hard next year and pass the course this year but, in terms of having a space in the Graduate Primary Degree, I have it! These are very exciting times. It's taken me a good three years of uni with a break in the middle (which I suppose is normal for any student of any degree) I had my interview on Thursday which I didn't think had gone very well. They battered me with questions and I gave them ambiguous responses, which looking back, didn't really answer the questions that closely at all. So after some intense praying and plenty of stressing God has responded to my prayers, and fortunately for me, it's in a way that allows me to do teaching! This week has been rather fruitful in spiritual terms. I've been questioning ideas of God and throwing ideas about Christianity back and forth between friends and flatmates so I've been constantly thinking about how to better myself. Tonight Mal and I discussed what we wanted to see happen next year in the flat and we realised an integral part of it was finding someway to incorporate, draw in and/or invite non-Christians. So this week has been more of a growing experience rather than a stress. In fact the stress has been quite minimal. Anyway, it's weird not having mum and dad around. I especially noticed it today when Bro and Louise weren't there either at church. In other news I found out yesterday that my old school friend Andrew McGregor had been killed in a car accident. It left me in a sort of state of shock the whole day. It's still rather hard to believe and I don't envy his sister who had the job of ringing everyone up and having to tell them. Major ushj.

1 comment:

Scotty said...

Total Bad Turns Good.

That should be the headline. Graham would not be amused.