Monday, August 6, 2007

Back by popular demand


Well the last couple of months have been interesting. At the start of June I began my Prince Caspian practices for the play that starts in September (I already have a free ticket for you Beverly Anne). So it's been nothing but fun. The other night Chris Caradus and I were waiting for our scene so we had some free time. Immediately we begun talking about what swords to use and jumped on trademe finding some very appropriate but expensive swords for the play. We've now choreogrpahed all our fighting scenes but we need the actual swords we're going to use in order to know how to fight with them, weight wise.
Uni's been quite kudos too. I've begun my last semester and have been working away to try and get better marks than last semester. So I've been studying for my Irish essay and also for my Education essay in order to get them out of the way before the play begins.
In terms of work I have been booking jobs less and less because I apparently haven't been using the right attitude over the phone. I was accused of being too apathetic at times and other times being too much of an overseller. I guess they don't understand that trying to sell insect control to people who don't want it in the middle of winter can doesn't inspire the best in me. So last week after a solid week of improving my stats and renewing my interest in telemarketing I was called into the office and given a big bark at, followed by a written warning which I thought was totally unnecessary. So now I'm looking at either quitting or being booted out of this job. Can't say I'd mind either way. Hmm, maybe I should jump before I'm pushed. As long as I can get my student allowance going I'll be happy to be out of it and spending more time at uni.
Night church has been going really kudosly for a while now. We've had a keen interest in constructing an alternative culture to what the world offers, and as part of the leadership team on Sunday nights it's been fun fostering that vision. We've had a couple of new social groups rise up as part of that so it's been very kudos. I should mention that being part of the night church leadership team consists of throwing ideas around, organising social events, MCing and running parts of the service as well as having just being appointed the new welcome team leader. I was inaugurated last week. It's a very prestigous position. Ok, it's not, but it is kudos to be running some of the events at church.
A few of us went down to the Gore Ball too a couple of weeks ago. There was me, Jon and Scotty ad Gemma, Monica and Lis so we all alternated the dances with each other and had an awesome time. Despite the fact Scotty spent a lot of his time talking to his yobbos he still said he danced the most he ever had before at the Ball because he didn't need to ask a new girl each time. Instead he could pick from the group we already had. It was really kudos and everyone got into it so that was a high.
We also just had a camp for Realise where we went away and discussed the way Jesus treated people, who he was and what he said. It was an awesome camp. I have lots of photos on ringo.com so go check them out there if you're a member. I organised the main game for Saturday: the wide game 'Capture the Flag'. We used my kudos tshirts as prizes and also as flags to capture so it was heaps of fun.
So that's the last two months summed up. I'll try to keep this up to date now that I know I have such a strong fan base. PS: I've put photos of the main things I've mentioned above.

4 comments:

Bevetal said...

Glad to know vox pop rules ! Welcome back, Dom !

Mike Crowl said...

The VOICE returns! Good news. Keep writing, Dom, before you forget how words are put together and wind up like Doogle Sherlock himself!

liz said...

Dom, my dearest, when are the performances? I'm not promising anything, but, um, when are they? And please tell everyone I say Hi!!! (especially Dara C.)

Scotty said...

It is kudos to have you back. You are maturing into a real man of God all of the ladies love that in a man. I am unsure about the boys though!