Monday, June 11, 2007

Mike and Ceal say goodbye to NZ

My olds have finally shuffled off this mortal coil... or rather have just gone for a working holiday to the UK for six months. I was a bit hesitant at the idea of them lending out the house to randoms. They told me they hadn't even met them. I was surprised at that. I thought mum and dad would be more cautious about who they left in charge of our family home. Surely you'd interview the people first to make sure they're not satan worshippers or ex-cons or presbyterians! We had a going away party for them yesterday which would have been kudos had it not been for my ongoing headaches. Anyway, they're gone and the worst part is, I completely forgot to get them to fill out my student allowance form for next semester. Man I'm really gonna miss that free money... and probably mum and dad, too.

7 comments:

Scotty said...

Hey Hominic,

Shed a tear. Who will keep you off the straight and narrow? Total Bad!

Bevetal said...

So what's wrong with Presbyterians ! You'll be having a go at Methodists next !

Scotty said...

Get some new material!

Mike Crowl said...

As one of the 'olds' in question, I'm curious as to why our departure is the last thing that's appeared in your blog. Has our 'departure' caused such a trauma in your life that you can no longer write?

Scotty said...

Yeah it has. You should of seen him at the Gore Ball. He was awestruck by amazing women one minute and a screaming heap in the corner the next. He was sucking his thumb before he cried out for Mummy and Daddy. He was seeking comfort for his broken heart.

Mike Crowl said...

Ah, so that's the problem. Oh, well, let's hope he copes until we get home.
(Actually, Scotty, I think you add more to this blog than Dom does.)

Bevetal said...

yeah, Dom, pull finger and WRITE !