Monday, April 16, 2007

Tutorial

Well, I have been putting off jumping on the blog band wagon but hey, what the hell, why not? I'm Dom and I have decided to include the past few month's main events as well as my current personal goingons. Just some background info: I go to Dunedin City Baptist Church, study history at Otago and flat in Opoho with a couple of other Christians, Malcolm and Ashwin. I have one bro and three sisters who all live in NZ and my parents recently told me they were moving to the UK for six months. Along with my "kudos mate" Jon I also have a large subvocabulary of a whole bunch of words we modified, made up or stole. We also made a whole bunch of tshirts when these words became popular around our church for people who repeated them back to us. I really should send those out. They were Christmas presents and they're still sitting in my room. Anyway the first post will be a teaching session of these words.
Firstly there's kudos (adjective). This is basically the new word "cool" but can be used in a multitude of situations. For example: "I just bought the new Feelers cd." The response would be "Kudos." Antonyms of this include kudes, superkudes and unkudos.
Next there's ushj (adjective). This is a particularly distressing or depressing mood which you can be put in when things don't go your way. It is the new term for "gutted" or "damn" and is popular among many DCBCers.
Thirdly there's doahh (adjective) which is something that is particularly attractive, most commonly used when driving down the road and spotting extremely hot chicks. In the case of Graham Beck doahh is only used when he sees an older woman because he likes older woman so doahh is instead substituted for "Graham would be doahh!" or Grahmedbedoah!
Next there's iskay (adverb) which is a more aggressive and sarcastic form of okay because it is only said when someone says something really stupid or unlikely such as "I'm pretty sure I can make that (10 metre) jump." The response would usually be a rather forceful "Yeah right!" Iskay makes takes this sarcasm one step beyond into ridiculement.
Wench (noun) is also used instead of girl but is not meant in any derogatory sense. Total Bads is Graham's nickname. Fudge replaces f#*k as a resepectable replacement because it's stronger than darn or shoot. Right. I think we're pretty much ready to begin.

1 comment:

liz said...

you are pretty much the most hilarious person I know. Kudos.