Monday, April 16, 2007

Weddings















This year started off with the whole bunch of weddings of people from my church. There was Anna and Matt Holman, Jane and Andy Robinson, Cate and Paul Weir and Neelam and Matt Dalman. The first one was a lot of fun as there was an open bar which I noticed was not repeated at the following three. The invitation to the second one was a surprise cos I had only met Jane that summer but it was a lot of fun. At one stage Jon and I tried to revitalise the dancing so we bowled up onto the dancefloor and went hardout doing all these stupid moves in front of people and dancing along to YMCA. Luckily we knew virtually noone so it wasn't as embarassing as it could have been. In the third wedding there was a weird kind of informal atmosphere when it came to the singing and even the celebrant was getting into a bit of groovin. When asked for the rings the best man produced hoolahoops, handcuffs and burger rings before actually presenting the real rings. Strangely enough Boss grabbed the handcuffs and stuffed them in his jacket. Juuust kidding. At the reception after the drinks table came crashing down Vanessa pointed out chicks Jon and I could go for and tried to encourage us to go for them. Like usual we were too picky and it came to nothing. In the last wedding in March I went up and stayed with Jon and Scotty at the Sudima Hotel where the wedding was being held. Unfortunately I wasn't invited to the reception so I had to sneak around and pretend I wasn't there when the reception was on. Instead I hung around for a while, bought a burnt pie from the Caltex down the road and finally managed to escape with other noninvited people to go see Ghost Rider at the movies. We got back to the hotel to go to the dance but had to wait round an hour for them to finish dinner and start dessert! After sneaking into the reception a few times I finally encouraged the others to come in and we had a good dance until it was only Scotty, me and Jon left on the dancefloor. In honour of our committment to the dancefloor the band played Dave Dobbyn's Loyal. That night I slept on the bedbase instead of the bathroom floor the night before.

No comments: