Monday, April 16, 2007

Family Reunion




The other day I had a family reunion which was rather awkward at first, as per usual with reunions, where only the people who organise know everyone. Despite this I met some pretty kudos people and even I guy I had been at Kavanagh with for years who I didn't know I was related to. After a whole lot of mingling with people I came to the realisation that family reunions can be the worst kind of party if you're looking to meet someone, unless of course you come from a backwater town like Gore. Seeing as I've mentioned this I will also mention there was a couple of doahh second cousins who I didn't talk too much with just in case they turned out to be my perfect soulmate. Afterwards we had a family photo. Note that in the one the guy took on my camera he cut me out of it. Ushj! After this we had a quick visit to Mumma's grave followed by Jenna's birthday. We were exhausted by making small talk all day so everyone stayed for the minimum amount of time required at a birthday before heading home to have a Shunday shhhleep. However I stayed behind and watched Jenna and her friends play with the new bubble maker which was impressive and ideal for cool looking photos.

3 comments:

liz said...

hooray! Welcome to the blog world! I miss you. For real. Thank you for coming to the airport.

Dom Crowl said...

I miss you too! I gotta say that was the best road trip ever. But I've gotta stop getting to know people as soon as they're leaving. Ushj!

Scotty said...

Wise is it that heaps of people I know have doah cousins. You just join the list of Neelam, Boss, Ritchie, Jon and heaps others who have attractive cousins. I don't. Which is maybe a good thing, I think.